Being a volunteer at The Bhutan Kidney Foundation means joining a dynamic and diverse group of people who share a common purpose – to make a difference in the lives of others. We invite you to join hundreds of people from across Bhutan who are making an important contribution to improving the lives of people with kidney disease.
Volunteering is a positive and rewarding experience. It encourages creativity and personal growth in a respectful and supportive environment. Also, we need you! Volunteers make our work possible – from funding vital research to advocacy, to promote greater understanding and awareness of kidney health and organ donation.
Whether you’re a transplant recipient, kidney patient relatives/friends, in high school/university, a full-time employee, a working parent, or newly retired – there are opportunities available to suit your particular needs and circumstances.
Short-term and longer-term opportunities for people of all ages to volunteer are available –nationally and internationally. Would you like to:
- Help others – get involved in activities that will lift the spirits and brighten the future of someone affected by kidney disease.
- Strengthen ties within your community – educate and engage others in important health issues.
- Gain experience – learn how to organize events, collaborate with others and develop your communication and leadership skills.
- Share your knowledge and expertise – serve on boards or committees, and use your experiences and perspectives to solve problems and influence change.
- Explore your skills – apply your talents, and discover new ones!
- Meet new people – participate in a variety of events and make new friends.
- Have some fun! – host a special event.
Please do contact us so that we can work together to serve the patients and nation at large.